The Gear Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:46:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

DA SEAL

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DA SEAL  (Read 789 times)
Geardo
:)
Administrator

:O :O

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:52:38 pm »

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:59:52 pm by Bronco » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JKinnaird
If its woodland or cock I want it!!
Global Moderator

Not just smooth, Astro Glide smooth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 04:57:12 pm »

Thats pretty good.

I would either replace those ACU pants, with Gov't issue ACU, or, switch to DCU. PCU would be cool no that, if you can get your hands on it. And you need to cultivate a first line a little bit more.
Report Spam   Logged
Sinner101GR
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 08:33:04 pm »

DA with a chest rig?

Also, DA rig, get some stuff on your first line, your indoors and such, less movement, you need to have a lot of kit ready to go.  Smokes, chokes, blinders, more mags, pistol mags, better comms, a lot more glowsticks, a lot more restraining ties, ballistic goggles, nomex facemask, torch on your gun, a better belt, stuff on the back for your teammates, breaching tools, hacksaw if your rich, other stuff.

Impressions are impressions after all, but in a DA game, you still want to be able to get to your mags, a lot quicker than with a chest rig from LBT.  I mean, yeah, good kit, hard to find too, but for a DA context, not the smoothest thing in the whole world.  Remember, your going to be an in environment that is a lot easier to get shot in without all the fizzbangs and doodads that our high speed dudes employ.  Protect yourself, have a lot of ammo, and a lot of diversionary and restraining things, and depending on team SOP, other items. 

DA is easily the hardest thing to do, because that stuff is so hard to do, the SOP is TS, the units are buried in the paperwork, and each team has a way to blow through a building.  Your kit is cool, but for your intended purpose, I dont think its on the right track, and I dont think you would be able to hold up in a true situation.
Report Spam   Logged
Geardo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:52 pm »

Yeah...should've nixed the DA bit in the title.
Report Spam   Logged

TheSilentPro
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 08:33:49 pm »

Once again this is fine for DA, Seals use this chest rig along with the veltye one in conjunction with the Hugger BA system, get some more mags and mag pouches 6+1 minimum, also you need some Flash Bangs, Frags and Smokes of course, also you will need flexi cuffs around 6 or more, remember your team mates will have them also so you dont need to be a tool and bring them for every body lol. Regarding putting more gear on, I will have to say less is more in CQB, you will need to be able to freely move thru door ways and stair wells easily which means keep pouches off your hips or sides of you. Stuff should be kept off your back also it just makes it easier for you, and in reality your teammates will have enough mags for them selves. Nomex hood plus shooting shades or goggles is a Go! Glow sticks are a go also. Your first line should consist of a Holster, Dumper, drop leg for pistol and m4 mags and some smoke grenades as far as what I have seen.

More is less Example

Glow sticks etc. (yes this rig is quite heavily set up but its still a chest rig with hugger)

Report Spam   Logged
Geardo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »

Thanks for the advice, sounds legit. Sold all the stuff though... Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

jdlewers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 02:35:33 pm »

Wow man the CQBR is like half your size!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum