The Gear Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:02:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

SAS CRW

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAS CRW  (Read 28505 times)
Lizzard
Multicamz for teh winz!1!1!

MultiCam Edition

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2008, 12:52:22 am »

It's not much, but I feel I can contribute this to the forum.  If anyone has any insight to the validity of these pictures or other pictures to add, please do.

^Not sure about this one.  The use of CVC helmets and clear respirator lenses seem to be unusual for SAS operators.  However, I did see this picture used somewhere else, with a caption saying it was part of some kind of demonstration, though I do not know what.

And a few from the Iranian embassy seige:

I know there are more from the embassy seige out there.  Those are quite old, though, so if one is looking for a modern CRW look, then they shouldn't look there.

Report Spam   Logged

Signature out of order, currently pending repair.  Signature will return to full working order soon.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ajax
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:18:53 pm »

The one with the clear lenses and CVC shells is Aussie TAG East. Who are also badasses.

I'd like to eventually do an Embassy Siege era SAS impression. How does this kitlist sound?
-S10 Respirator
-S10 hood
-Black boiler suit
-Not sure on vest/LBE
-GSG9 old-school boots
-(what look like) leather gloves
-MP5A5 with torch on top

Report Spam   Logged
Lizzard

MultiCam Edition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 04:21:41 pm »

From the two pics I've shown, they do not appear to be wearing the nomex hood, because it doesn't cover the mask.  They're wearing the built in hood to their assault suits (special kind of nomex coveralls if you don't know what it is).  As for the torch on the MP5, only one or two guys had the maglight bolted on, I think it's rather rediculous.

Also, those TAG guys are wearing full CVCs, I think, because 1) I can't see how you'd wear it with only the shell, and 2)  you can see the ear pieces and the material around them if you look close enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Signature out of order, currently pending repair.  Signature will return to full working order soon.
Ajax
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 12:34:44 pm »

Hmm. Interesting bit about the hoods, I'll have to look around for an assault suit.
I'm not much of a helmet **** so excuse my little knowledge about them.
Report Spam   Logged
Lizzard

MultiCam Edition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 03:16:34 pm »

Hmm. Interesting bit about the hoods, I'll have to look around for an assault suit.
I'm not much of a helmet **** so excuse my little knowledge about them.

The assault suits are a difficult find, I managed to pick one up on Ebay a little while back, since there was a guy who had three or four.  They're gone, now, though.

About the helmets, I had heard from someone else before calling them "CVC shells" as opposed to the whole thing, which would just mean the outer shell.  I have a CVC sitting around (anyone wanna buy it?), and that would be kind of hard to achieve.

Here's my assault suit.  They come in different colors, black, navy blue, more bluish, purplish blue, etc.  I'd love a black one...

You can find more in-depth pictures if you look around.
Report Spam   Logged

Merc

"Viva La Infidel!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 02:35:04 pm »

A whole page of pics:

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/crw/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum